Deanna

Home away from home

by Deanna on September 14, 2011

in Campus Community,New & Future Students

I have always been a big fan of smaller schools, and this was one of the major factors in choosing Fontbonne as the University I would attend after graduation from St. Elizabeth Academy High School. I have three older siblings, two of which went to universities in different parts of Missouri, and although that is not too big of a move it was still hard for me to never get to see them. This was a big hint to me that I did not want to leave St. Louis for college, but I did want to live in the dorms. I visited the numerous colleges and universities in and around the St. Louis region, and realized that Fontbonne was the fit for me.

The small, close-knit community is so welcoming and great to be a part of! I was nervous to be living on campus and away from my family for the first time, but that soon vanished once orientation kicked off! There was a group of upperclassmen, known as FOCUS, along with the other college rookies who were either just as nervous or even more than I was, who made the first weekend in college one of the most memorable! Everyone was so eager and willing to get to know each other while away on orientation, that it made making friends super easy!

Almost everyone in the dorms leave their doors open and do not mind it all if you just pop your head in to say hi or mention you like the picture frames on their wall. Fontbonne easily became my home away from home, and quick. I had no problem making friends, and did not feel scared or nervous about college anymore. All the girls on our floor get along great and make it very comfortable for you to be yourself.

All-in-all I love Fontbonne so far! I do believe attending this small but mighty university was one of the best decisions of my life! I enjoy my home away from home, and love everyone who is part of my new Fontbonne family!