Griffin Games are GO!!

by Alumni Posts on September 29, 2011

in Campus Community,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

If you happen to have a Griffin Scratch planner, you may notice that every once in a while it mentions something called “Griffin Games”, usually listed as happening in the DSAC ‘caf at noon. Griffin Games are short contests or games that are put on by FAB (the Fontbonne Activities Board), and there are always prizes for the winners. They pop up at places other than DSAC as well – there were some at the Activities Fair at the beginning of the year, and also some for Spirit Week last week.

Last year, when I was but a naive freshman, I wasn’t even quite sure what these Griffin Games were. I did eventually figure it out, but since I never eat in DSAC, I never managed to find myself over there when they were happening. THIS WAS A HUGE OVERSIGHT ON MY PART. Anyone who knows me knows that: A. I am a very competitive person. B. I always play to win. C. I love free stuff.

Therefore, I have made it my goal this year to attend every single Griffin Game that I possibly can. So far, I have participated in blindfold musical buckets during the Activities Fair (I went hardcore and won a $15 iTunes card), a balloon stomping game, and most recently bingo. I’m sure there are more, too, but since I didn’t win anything they are of course insignificant in my memory.

So I encourage you to make Griffin Games a part of your life! Usually they are more or less games of luck, so everyone has a chance to be a winner! …AND THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN WINNING.