Final Round: And, GO.

by Alumni Posts on September 12, 2011

in Academics,After College,Career Paths,New & Future Students

So, it’s finally here. This is my last semester of undergraduate college, my final semester at Fontbonne. If you haven’t been keeping track of my life (your loss (just kidding (not really))), I’m graduating this December with a degree in Advertising and Applied Sociology, plus a minor in American Culture Studies. (Note to freshmen: it can be done, so pick up a second major and/or a minor early on).

I’ll get sentimental later in the semester, but not now. No, it’s far too early for that, and there’s still a ton of things to be done. This semester, I’ll be writing my senior capstone paper for Applied Sociology. So far, it’s 29 pages, and I’m only about a fourth of the way through it. I’m supposed to finish that by October 14th, when I’ll be presenting it at a conference in New Orleans (tough life, I know). Meanwhile, I’m dealing with Senior Seminar in Advertising, which is manageable but will get more intense in October. I’m also working on two other course, but they’re both pretty simple. That’s right – I’m only taking 12 hours this semester. And once the senior paper is done and the 8 week course is over, I’ll be effectively taking only 2 classes!

Sounds easy, but it’s not, really. See, I also have this whole post-graduation thing to worry about. Right now I’m looking at a list of 70 advertising agencies I want to apply to, but I’m also going to apply to Yale’s Doctorate program for sociology. I just took the GRE this weekend, so I’ll start talking about the Yale application some more in November when I get my scores.

It’s going to be a really exciting, stressful, and accomplished semester! And I have no doubt in my mind it’s going to fly by. Stay tuned, everyone.