BSO Wants YOU to Go to the Zoo!

by Alumni Posts on September 23, 2011

As far as my knowledge goes, I’m the only blogger who is an active member of the Biological Sciences Organization. Therefore, I believe it is my duty to inform all of my readers about all of the fun activities that the BSO has planned.

This Saturday, September 24, the BSO is inviting everyone to come out to the Zoo. Activities will begin at 11 a.m. in the library plaza. There will be free (yes, let me say that again, free) official Zoo trip t-shirts and Mom’s Deli sandwiches and lemonade. We will also have free games for you to play with over $250 in prizes, which include iTunes gift cards, Starbuck’s gift cards, gas gift cards, and tickets to some of the Zoo’s paid attractions.

After our gathering in the library plaza, we will all head over to the Zoo around 12:30. (Transportation won’t be provided, so plan out your carpools with your friends.) Once you arrive at the Zoo, you can pick up your prizes near the Great Ape House, where BSO members will be on hand to tell you some interesting facts about the endangered Western Lowland Gorillas that we adopted last year. After that, you’re welcome to go off and explore the Zoo at your leisure.

This event is open to everyone in the Fontbonne campus community and, once again, is totally free. Plus, this will be a great time to see the Stingrays at Caribbean Cove Exhibit Featuring Sharks and Horseshoe Crabs before it leaves at the end of this month. I also heard that Kenzi, the new baby elephant, will be on display tomorrow from 1:30 to 3! So grab some friends, get yourselves down to the library plaza on Saturday, enjoy some sandwiches and games, and meet us for a great day at “The World Famous Saint Louis Zoo”!!!