This Is It!

by Alumni Posts on May 16, 2011

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this is it – the official last blog I’ll be writing as a freshman. This year, though crazy at times, provided me with new experiences, plenty of new friends, and great memories that will surely last a lifetime.

I’m so happy that I decided to attend Fontbonne and that I decided to be a biology major. I’ve recently been in touch with old friends from high school, and many of them are switching colleges or majors next year. I am happy to say that I am not doing either of those things, and I definitely have Fontbonne to thank for that. Fontbonne is such a welcoming place with so many wonderful people, which is why switching colleges is out of the question for me. And there’s no way I’ll be switching majors because the science department here is awesome; the professors and staff in that department are the absolute best. They help us and challenge us to be the best that we can be. I owe them all so much.

As for my summer plans, I will be taking two general education classes (composition and sociology) so that way I can be closer to finishing my gen eds and then focus my time on biology and theatre (which, if you recall, is what I came here to do). My parents and I are going to Florida in a few weeks (I can’t wait to get out of Saint Louis to enjoy a little Florida sunshine for a while!), and I’ll be at The Muny every Saturday night. Other than that, I have no idea what I’ll be doing. And trust me, after a school year full of to-do lists and scheduling my life out, I’m okay with that.

So, here I go – I’m signing out for the summer. Have a great summer, everyone, and I’ll see you all next fall.