What You Want Is Just Outside Your Reach…

by Alumni Posts on May 6, 2011

May 13th, 2011. Noon. It feels so close, yet so far away. I can almost taste the sweetness of victory as I conquer my chemistry final, my last exam of the school year and the climax of my semester spent reviewing 200-slide Power Points, getting up early to go to lab, and reading 40-page chapters over the study of matter. Unfortunately, this moment feels like some sort of mirage that I’ve simply conceptualized because I’m so desperate to be finished already. If anybody has any tips for how to motivate oneself for the last week and a half of school, please feel free to comment below.

Anyway, the song that inspired this post is from this wonderful band I just discovered called Real Estate. Their style sounds like summer: Sheer. Bliss.

In approximately eight days, I will be able to experience this sheer bliss. Hang in there, everyone.

-Carly

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica May 12, 2011 at 3:02 pm

It’s quite difficult to motivate oneself to get through the last week of finals. However, the sound of summer in the distance definitely helps.