Who’s My Favorite? You’re Making Me Choose?!

by Alumni Posts on May 2, 2011

in Academics,Campus Community

This week, as I’m sure you can tell, there have been a lot of blogs about favorite teachers, staff, and friends at Fontbonne. All I have to say about this is: do I really have to choose?!

Everyone at Fontbonne is so kind, welcoming, and friendly that it would take me an hour or two to mention them all in this blog. So, I’ll save both you and I the time by just mentioning a few of my favorite Fontbonne people that I believe deserve the utmost praise.

1. Dr. Thomasson.  Okay, so I just took his microbiology test yesterday, and he wasn’t my absolute favorite person immediately afterward. However, Dr. T is one of the coolest teachers I’ve ever had. I love how he’s so overly passionate about science and how he is always excited to explain some new chemistry- or micro-related fact.

2. Dr. Paine-Saunders.  Dr. Paine-Saunders is my advisor, and I think that says A LOT. Who else would want to constantly have to put up with me, and, more so, who else would be able to keep a straight, smiling face while doing so???

3. Dr. Rayhel.  Dr. Rayhel is the chairperson of the Biological and Physical Sciences Department. I love talking to her during lab because she always has a lot of really cool facts and ideas to share.

4. Ms. Barbara Story.  Barbara is the secretary of the biology department. She does so much behind-the-scenes work for us, and she’s always ready to organize our BSO meetings – lunch, snacks, and all.

5. Dr. Homsi.  Dr. Homsi is our lab technician. He is one of the coolest people you’re ever going to meet. It doesn’t matter what subject you bring up – Dr. Homsi can strike up the most interesting, intellectual conversion about anything.

6. Doc English.  Doc teaches my calculus I class. Calc is not even close to being my favorite subject; however, Doc makes the class very interesting. Whenever we start getting all glossy-eyed during a particularly-long problem, Doc will do anything to perk us up, including singing a mathematical song. It’s almost worth taking calculus just to hear her sing her song about reference angles…

7. Everyone in the biology department.  Even though I’m just a freshman, I have SO many friends in the bio department. No one really cares how old you are – everyone’s accepted and treated equally. I love going to BSO meetings and hanging out with everyone from the department. Having such a great group of friends with the same interests as me just makes school that much better!!!

So, as I said before, I could go on and on and on with my list of favorites. However, I do have to get back to my homework, so this short-but-sweet list will have to do for now.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Elizabeth Brennan May 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Um, Courtney…you missed someone on your list. Where’s my name? ; )

Courtney Iberg November 23, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I don’t know why I just came back to this blog, but I did and just saw your months-old comment. Your name definitely belongs on this list, Elizabeth. 🙂