Courtney

We’re Getting Close!

by Courtney on May 9, 2011

in Academics,Campus Community,Extracurricular

It’s weird that we’re so rapidly reaching the end of the school year. I can’t believe that we will be out of school a mere week from today!

Though this entire school year has been a great experience, I’d have to say that I’ve been having the most fun in the past few months. I’ve made a lot of great friends from the biology department this semester, and, though our rendition of “hanging out” usually involves studying, we did manage to have some fun. The BSO was definitely more active this semester than last; we took a field trip to the Butterfly House, and we had more random meetings, which are always very fun. Also, I, along with two of my very good friends, Dillon and Steph (both of whom are bio majors) finally took our unofficial field trip to the zoo that we had been talking about for a long time. While we were there, we were able to feed the stingrays and pet the sharks that had just arrived for their summer stay in Saint Louis.

Springfest, which was yesterday, also offered a lot of fun. The BSO sponsored a dunk tank in order to fund our gorilla adoptions. A few biology majors (including me!) got into the tank, and we even got three of our biology professors (Dr. Rayhel, Dr. Paine-Saunders, and Dr. Truong) to get in as well. Let’s just say that the straight-from-the-hose water was quite refreshing!

So, as we enter the ever-dreaded exam week, we’ll have some fun memories to look back on and a whole summer to look forward to.