Well, I can’t believe it, but my freshman year at Fontbonne is finally coming to a close. The ending is bittersweet – like any student, I’m excited for the coming of summer and reuniting with old friends, but at the same time it will be difficult to leave all my new friends behind.

If I had to give one piece of advice to an incoming freshman, it would be this: Don’t be afraid to get involved! One mistake I made as a freshman in high school was being too intimidated to join the cross country team, even though I wanted to run. However, I learned from that, because I was able to put aside my fears and jump right into things in college! And I’m so glad that I did. Being on a team – any club or organization, really – just makes it easier to find friends that suit your personality.

So don’t be shy! It can be difficult to make the transition to college, especially if you are living away from home, but getting involved is a sure way to put yourself at ease and make friends for life. 🙂

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica May 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm

You’ll get to see most of your “new friends” next year! So don’t be sad! 😛
Also, I agree with your advice about not being afraid to get involved. 🙂