Untitled.

in Academics,Extracurricular

I am in love. The other day as I was procrastinating, I stumbled upon Panda Bear’s new album, “Tomboy” on NPR. Although I’ve only heard a few songs by Animal Collective, I am obsessed with this album and I have to get it as soon as it comes out next week  (unless my brother beats me to it first). I think this may be the first album that I associate with the new season, since certain albums tend to remind me of certain times of the year (if that makes sense). Right now, I think “Slow Motion” is one of my favorite tracks.

Monday was a busy day. I had to meet with my advisor to plan my schedule for next semester, and I’m pleased to say that we not only planned next semester, but all of the other semesters I have left here at Fontbonne. I’m even more pleased to say that I don’t have to take physics or anatomy or organic chemistry over the summer; rather, the only summer school course I’ll (possibly) be taking is philosophy…online. Easy, no? Yes, I don’t have to take any science courses this summer thanks to some strategic placing of certain courses on my schedule in order to fit in my physical therapy prerequisites.

All of this thinking about next year combined with the fact that today it hit me that it’s officially April has made me realize that the end of my first year in college is almost over. Okay, so I made the Dean’s List last semester and am continuing to get good grades. However, I still feel like I’ve failed miserably at my first year as a college student as far as going out and doing things goes. I’ve been told numerous times that St. Louis isn’t exciting, however, there are still tons of places that I want to go to but haven’t gone to. The major downside about Fontbonne is simply the fact that on the weekends this place is so…empty. Everyone leaves. And it’s really hard to motivate yourself to stay on campus when it means you’ll be stuck in your room all day with nothing to do but read your chemistry textbook. So my goal for the rest of the semester, this summer, and the rest of time as a college student is to get out more, even if it means wandering around alone. Even if it means looking like an idiot as I drive around St. Louis without a clear destination.

We shall see if I actually do this. I tend to be all talk and no action.

Enjoy the weekend…it’s almost here!

-Carly