Nutrition, Nutrition, and More Nutrition!

in Academics,Career Paths

The school year is winding down, and although I’m just as excited about a relaxing summer as everyone else, I’m also really pumped up about the upcoming fall semester. After getting some prerequisites and general education credits out of the way this year, I can finally start taking some dietetics courses! I’m taking Foundations in Human Environmental Sciences, which is a general introduction to the HES department; Principles of Nutrition, which is just like it sounds – an introduction to the science of nutrition, and Food Science Theory and Application, which is about the physical and chemical properties of food. I’m most excited about the last one – we actually get to make food in the lab! I love to cook, and I’m excited to try out the new kitchens in the recently renovated Anheuser-Busch Hall.

I’ve known that I wanted to be a dietitian for some time now, and healthy food is really my passion. And while I’ve certainly enjoyed my first year of classes here at Fontbonne, I can’t wait to really delve into my major classes. Hopefully I can make some good food as well! 🙂