Mise en place

in Academics,Career Paths

Mise en place has been ingrained in my brain this semester…along with syneresis, flocculated, chalazae, and an abundance of other culinary terms. (Shout out to my dietetic classmates and Dr. Cheryl Houston!!!) With all that said, Mise en place is a great representation of how I feel going into Fall 2011 semester.  For those of you unfamiliar with French or cooking…mise en place referrers to having all the ingredients necessary for a dish prepared and ready to combine up to the point of cooking. Sounds corny, but this is where I am…everything is in its place geared up for graduation in 2013!

I’m most excited to get into my junior level dietetics classes this fall. I’ll be taking three: HES 312, HES 326, and HES 319. In addition, I’m taking GOB (CHM 228) or “gobs of science” as everyone has been jokingly calling it! However, Chemistry is a hard subject for me so I’m sure this won’t be a laughing matter :( .  But I’m not going to sweat the small stuff…plus I’m always up for a challenge.

On the whole, my first year here at Fontbonne has been AMAZING, and I look forward to continually accomplishing Fontbonne’s motto of  ”Learn more, Be more.”