It is about you!!

Hello, all!  It has been a busy few weeks.  I have just finished putting some final touches on my Advocacy project.  As a Dietetics major, I am required to take a number of interesting classes that are not directly food/nutrition related.  Advocacy is one of those classes.  It teaches you how to advocate – a great skill to have.   I decided to do my project on women’s health.  My research has shown that women tend not to prioritize their health and well-being.  In addition, many women don’t recognize some of the signs and symptoms of diseases that are the leading killers of women every year.  The goal of my project is to provide women with resources and information to address their health issues.  I am hoping to empower as well as to educate.

To that end, I have created a Facebook community page entitled – It’s About You!  Women’s Health Initiative.  The page will be updated from time to time with new information, new resources and new events, such as cancer and heart disease screenings.  Link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-About-You-Womens-Health-Initiative/205810832764037

If you get the chance, please visit the page and “like” it.  By “liking” this page, you are spreading awareness of women’s health issues.

Thanks for your support!!