Do You Eat at Fontbonne?

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

…Then you probably have an opinion about the food. Perhaps you think the chicken is dry, or that the soup needs more salt. I know that MY major concern when I got to Fontbonne was the lack of organic food in the Ryan Hall dining area. Personally, I like to eat organic because I think it’s healthier and better for the environment, and I wished that Ryan Hall would offer more organic produce.

This semester, though, I’m very pleased with the organic offerings! Now Ryan Hall has organic apples, oranges, grapefruit, salad greens, carrots, tomatoes, and sprouts. And more is to come! I am so grateful that there is now an abundance of organic food available, not just for me, but for everyone.

I sincerely believe that one of the reasons that these changes have come about is because I expressed my opinions at a Food Service meeting. Food Service meetings are open to everyone, and they provide an opportunity for people to voice their questions and comments about food, prices, service, etc. to the head staff of Ryan Hall and the DSAC caf’. The meetings are held around once a month, usually on a Wednesday at 2pm in the Ryan Dining area. At first I was nervous about my request for more organic food, but I was pleasantly surprised at how willing the¬†Ameriserve staff was to work with me.

But Food Service meetings are for other issues, too! If you have a question, concern, or even a compliment, stop by a Food Service meeting. Ameriserve appreciates any feedback, and they really do want to see their customers happy. Plus, they will be participating in the Environmental Fair next Friday, so come by between 11 and 1 for some free (organic!) samples!