Campus Theft

I don’t know if any of you realize this, but lately there’s been quite a bit of theft on campus. This past week a campus email alert was sent out cautioning students that there was a thief of campus. Gregory Nasky, the 36 year old man who was stealing around our fair school, was probably scared away by the numerous flyers posted around campus with his face on them. I never heard what became of him or if they caught him or not.

Just last night, or this morning I should say, I was on facebook and one of my friends posted a status about how he and some others caught people breaking into cars in the parking lot! The thieves sped away, but were reported to the police. I just can’t get over it. Fontbonne has been a relatively safe school for the three years that I’ve been here. There was one other theft incident when I was a freshman, but it had been quiet since then.

I wish that I could say that everyone was an innocent and honest person, but obviously that’s not true. My only suggestion to students is to lock your doors and make sure you don’t leave valuables in your car. Make it hard to a thief to steal your things so they get discouraged and move on.