Butterflies and Gorillas

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

On Friday, the Biological Sciences Organization (BSO) took a field trip to the Bufferfly House in Faust Park. After taking a few group photos outside the atrium and looking at multiple glass tanks full of all sorts of different insects, we all trekked through the free-flight atrium. The butterflies were absolutely beautiful, and the floral, tropical landscaping made for many beautiful photo opps. We later watched a short film about the life cycle of the butterfly (which, by the way, was surprisingly well done and interesting) and walked around the outside garden.

Despite the fact that I loved the butterflies, my favorite part of the day was just going out with all of my friends. Two of our professors, the science department’s lab assistant, and the science department’s secretary even went along with us! It was great just spending time together without all of the stresses of classes and homework.

While I’m on the topic of the BSO, I would like to remind you all that we are raffling off a Summer in Saint Louis gift basket. Inside the basket you’ll find loads of goodies, including 4 sixth-row Cardinals tickets, a $35 gift card to The Muny (read my previous blogs to learn about the season lineup), Six Flags tickets, and gift cards to Mom’s Deli, Ted Drewes, and a gas station, along with some other nice goodies. Tickets are just $1, and all proceeds will go toward adopting endangered gorillas. It really is a win-win situation! If you’re interested but haven’t bought raffle tickets yet, you can buy them next Friday at the Environmental Fair. Just look for me and the rest of the BSO at our table!