We Mostly Work to Live, Until We Live to Work

in Academics,Extracurricular,Faith

Currently, I have a blue Post-It note staring me down, listing all of the assignments I have to complete during the remainder of this week and into next week if I want to be somewhat homework-free over spring break. It’s been a stressful past few days, to say the least, and it’s come with some emotional breakdowns. However, I think that by the time next week rolls around, I’ll find myself ahead in all of my classes (as I prefer to be) and I’ll have nothing productive to do.

With that idea in mind, I decided to sign up for the “Busy Person’s Retreat” that’s taking place next week on campus. Participants meet with a spiritual advisor Monday-Thursday for thirty minutes and then set aside thirty minutes of their own time for prayer. I think it’ll be the perfect way to start off Lent, and who knows, maybe it’ll help me de-stress! We shall see.

If my iPhone is correct, we’ll be experiencing a clear sky and a sixty-degree temperature tomorrow! Get out and enjoy a perfect Friday!

-Carly

P.S. I am leaving you with “Run” by Vampire Weekend. Love, love, love these guys.