Why Don’t You Take Me Somewhere?

If only spring break could last a little longer. If only my spring break didn’t include a to-do list of homework.

Okay. Enough complaining. Summer vacation will be here soon enough (six and a half weeks, maybe?) and then I will be homework-free. Until then, though, I’m determined to make the most of the rest of the semester!

I got back to St. Louis on Tuesday around noon from my service trip to Kansas City. I was really glad I went! During our last dinner as a group, we took some time to reflect on different parts of the trip. For me, the best part was simply branching out and getting to know a few people I already knew a little better and meeting other people I didn’t know prior to the trip. We spent our days helping others in multiple ways: sorting food at a food bank, helping a lady with some work around her house, driving around the city and indexing litter, and doing odd jobs for Habitat for Humanity. Of course, there was a lot of laughing, some inevitable complaining, and a decent amount of teamwork involved with each job. I definitely think this was the first of many service trips for me as a student!

In other news, I wish the weather would stay warm already. I’m hoping to bring a bike back to school with me, but I’m not going to be riding it very much if the weather insists on being bipolar. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather! Until then, do me a favor and imagine the sunshine while enjoying this breezy tune by Tennis called “Take Me Somewhere”.

Enjoy what’s left of the break! Don’t procrastinate too much (HA).

-Carly