To Do or Not to Do… Or What to Do First?

Do you ever write to-do lists? I do, and usually I write my homework out by class, but lately that hasn’t been cutting it. I’m having the slight dilemma of my stress load competing for my attention. So it made me think, what should I do first?

Well, there are some classes that I deem more important than others, which I’m sure most students do. This week I’ve had to prioritize which class I would put first on my to-do list. Of course I still go to all my classes, but I have a lot of stuff due this week, and it’s nearly impossible for it all to get done.

Today is a perfect example. I have to quickly read for one class, revise drafts for another, and still have time to finish my take home final for yet another class. The take home test is due tomorrow, but I have put that at the top of my list. It requires the most time and energy and is worth the most points. Good decision, right? I think so, but I’m sure that’s not what my professors are going to think. Sometimes I feel like professors honestly believe that their homework assignment is the most important thing in my life right now. Of course, there are plenty of more reasonable teachers out there, but many do have this attitude. I’m not mad about it, because I’m glad that my professors care enough to want me to finish my assignments. However, I think it’s up to the student (who should not use other classes as an excuse on a weekly basis) to prioritize their work. If my professors don’t understand that I may not have finished something that’s not crucial because I was working on something that was, then oh well. What can you do?