Taggin’ It to the Top

This past Friday, my friends and I entered a medieval world of pizza, soda, and laser tag. Yes, you guessed it – we participated in the Fontbonne-sponsored laser tag event at The Edge in Belleville, Illinois.

I have never before been laser tagging. And, in all honesty, I was not planning on going to this Fontbonne event. However, all of my biology-major friends convinced me to go, and then my friend and fellow blogger, Elizabeth, decided to join me.

During the three rounds of play, Elizabeth, Stephanie (one of my friends from chemistry and microbiology), and I decided to form our own little team. Even though we were all technically on different teams during the rounds, we had a truce among ourselves so that none of us would get lost in the medieval-themed playing field.

I was so shocked at how intense the game was. Though we weren’t running during the game, we were constantly walking around while dodging and darting in order to avoid other players’ lasers. Between the rounds of play, we all went back to our party room, where we ate pizza and checked our stats on our individual record sheets.

I’m extremely glad I took my fellow bio majors’ advice and went to this event. I had an absolute blast despite the fact that one of my scores was in the negative. I definitely plan on going laser tagging again next year. Hopefully, my score will improve with experience!!!