Friday Night Lights

in Athletics,In Saint Louis

The first home men’s lacrosse game is this evening, and as my team and I look to dominate Hendrix College, the weather is looking to make things a little more interesting. Thunderstorms and heavy rain are expected during the entire length of the game, making this meet between teams even more intense. My excitement and anticipation for the starting whistle is going to be the first thing on my mind until 7 tonight, and I want nothing more than to send those kids back to Arkansas where they came from with one more loss on their record. Fontbonne has never lost to Hendrix, and last year, I was able to contribute to the victory over Hendrix with our 11-5 score. This weekend is a double header for our team, as we face Otterbein College on Saturday afternoon. They are driving to us from Ohio and are going to bring their best game. Last year’s was a tough overtime loss for us Griffins, losing 8-9.  We have better personal this year and are playing at home so the score should be more Fontbonne-favored.

Saturday is also the Mardi Gras parade, and St. Louis has the second largest celebration in the country. Unfortunately, I have to miss the festivities, but getting a victory over Otterbein will make the sacrifice well worth it. My girlfriend’s mom is even driving 45 minutes from Breese, Illinois, to come see my game tonight. It is a big weekend for me, the team, and St. Louis. Always something going down around Fontbonne — that’s why I love this place.