Fontbonne Women’s Lacrosse… CAW CAWWW!

in Athletics,Campus Community,Extracurricular

I joined the lacrosse team this year because they were in need of some players. Let me just say, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I hadn’t even seen the sport being played until I came here last year. You are pumped the whole time, and since it such a different sport, it is fun to watch. Since there aren’t any division III lacrosse teams in Missouri, all of our games are against teams from different parts of the United States. We play in Ohio, Illinois, and Kentucky this year. Many of the other teams from other states will be traveling here this year for games.

This spring break, we got to take a team trip to Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington. It was the most beautiful place I have seen. Since it rains a lot up there, everywhere is very green. We played three games on our six-day trip. Although the results of those games weren’t quite what we wanted, we really discovered the whole reason we were there. We were there to bond, since many of us don’t hang out in the same group of friends. The good thing about this is that we get along so well, and this trip just made us so much stronger and made memories that will stay with us forever. We got to do things like visit downtown Portland, eat in the mountains, go to the beach, and white water raft. In Seattle, we got to visit downtown, the famous market, the first Starbucks, and some of us even went to see a Jimi Hendrix memorial. It was a great trip, and I was very lucky that I got to join them.

Be sure to check out some of our home games!  Come support the women’s lacrosse team and have a great time! Our next home game is this Saturday at 3 p.m. We hope to see you there! 🙂