Can you feel the excitement in the air????

in Organizations, Activities & Events

It’s almost here!  Are you prepared???

Monday is Pi Day!!  In my house, we interpret this as Pie Day, and pie will abound!  We are currently working on the final menu, but it is likely to involve, at the very least, cherry pie.  My all-time favorite.  But, it must be prepared the way my mom makes it.  Not overly sweet.  No canned cherry pie filling here!  And no store-bought crusts.  We make our own, and it is quite scrumptious!  Doesn’t that just whet your appetite?

Also under consideration, a lovely chicken pot pie with fresh tarragon and fresh thyme.  Older daughter is currently petitioning for a chocolate peanut-butter pie – she might have to make that one herself.

The Fontbonne community is also celebrating Pi Day.  The math and computer science folks are having contests in the DSAC, with winners getting gift certificates to Pi – which has totally yummy pizza (Shannon – have you been there yet??  Although I’m sure it wouldn’t rival the pizza you made in Food Science Lab on Wednesday).  And, if I remember correctly, there will be a pie throwing contest involving faculty and staff targets – that could be most interesting.

So get your pie/pi on and celebrate!

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }