Tennis Season is Here!

in Athletics,Campus Community,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

I’m ecstatic. Uncontrollably happy. Why? Tennis season is here!

I don’t know how to explain the incredible sense of elation I get from playing tennis. Something about being on the court, about the quick movements and the skillful swings, the sounds of the ball off of a racket… something about the whole medley of the tennis-playing experience thrills me.

This year will be my last spring season for Tennis, because of my plans to graduate a semester early in December, so I plan to make the most of it! Additionally, this year I’m co-captain of the men’s tennis team along with T.J. Eggleston, who often serves [that was punintentional, I swear] as my doubles partner during matches. He shares my enthusiasm for playing, and I’m excited to work with him in developing our team.

This spring, Fontbonne’s tennis team is looking pretty strong! We’ve only just begun, but we have some solid talent on the team. I won’t get into too many details because we’ve yet to figure out who will be playing and in what spots (1 through 6, if you’re unfamiliar), but I’m expecting a much stronger performance in the SLIAC conference! I can’t speak too much for the women’s team, but from what I can tell, Fontbonne’s tennis program is definitely looking stronger all around than ever before.

Our first match is at the beginning of March. Hopefully, it’ll warm up by then! For now, we’ll continue our indoor practices as we get ready to play!