Miraculous Microorganisms

For those of you who read my first blog of the semester, you know that I’m currently taking Microbiology. I’m not going to lie; I wasn’t going to take this course until next spring. However, when an unforseen schedule conflict arose, I decided to take it now.

At first, I was a bit hesitant about taking 3 science courses at the same time along with calculus. I wasn’t all that familiar with the idea of microbiology, and I was worried because it is a sophomore/junior level class. However, after my first few lectures and my first real lab this past week, I’m really excited about this course.

During lab, we looked at slides of bacteria and human blood cells. It was so awesome. Dr. Thomasson, our professor, walked around and answered any and all questions that we had. He seemed so excited to be helping us with all of our discoveries.

So now, I have to admit that the class I took just to “get it out of the way” is my favorite class. Isn’t it funny how things work out???