New to blogging!!

Oh my! This is my first blog. I’ve never blogged (I’m hoping that is a real verb these days).  So, please be patient with me as I learn the ropes!  I’m also relatively new to Fontbonne. I started as a sophmore this past fall, majoring in dietetics.  I’m having lots of fun, trying new things (like blogging) and getting into the swing of being in school again (it’s been awhile).

So, what am I up to now? Well, it is Valentine’s Day. Traditional boxes of chocolates were given to my children this morning… after all, it’s not Valentine’s Day without chocolate. ”What???” you gasp. “A dietitian wannabe giving chocolate to her kids???” Yes, it’s true. I like Jaimette’s philosophy of ”all foods can fit”. Jaimette is my advisor and was my professor for Principles of Nutrition last semester.  Loved the class and loved her philosophy. It’s right in sync with my own. Denial is no one’s friend. Moderation is what we practice here at home. As my grandmother would say, “Into everyone’s life, some chocolate should fall.”

So here’s hoping some chocolate has fallen into your life today!

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Maya February 15, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Dear Mother,
We highly enjoy your boxes of chocolates, and are now quite possibly the first ones to read your super-exciting blog! We would like to advice you for your next blog. Don’t use so many parenthesis, and talk some more about your lovely daughters!!!
Sincerely,
Your ever-loving Daughters

Pete February 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm

New to responding!!!

Well, this is my first ever blog-response and it goes like this:

After having taken a poll, we found that all respondents polled think that you should extend your chocolate giving outside your immediate circle. We need some moderation out here, too.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: The sampling error in our poll was +/- 0.0%, sample size was 1.

Amy February 20, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Yay for moderation. I have doubled the size of Pete’s poll, and there is still universal support for extended chocolate giving.