Elizabeth

We’re Almost There!

by Elizabeth on December 13, 2010

in Academics,Extracurricular

I’ve just finished my second of four exams, and I’m exhausted! Fortunately, I can use this weekend to study for the other two: Computer Science and Psychology of the Exceptional Child. No rest for the weary, right?

Even though I’ll be glad to have my finals over with, I think I’m going to miss this past semester. It was only my first at Fontbonne, but I managed to get some great teachers and classmates that I became friends with. Here’s one of the good things about being at a small school, though – I’m sure I’ll run into these people around campus even after we’re not in class together anymore!

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn’t meet many of my friends from being in classes with them. When I was in high school, I’d heard that most of the time in college, you don’t make many friends in your classes, and this blew my mind! Now that I’m here, though, I realize it’s partially true: I’ve made most of my friends from being in the choir, going to Salsa Night and the Toga Rave, hanging out in the dorms, writing for the Fontbanner, and just by talking to random people in the hallways!
However, I think the “college experience” at Fontbonne is a little different – that is, because class sizes are often under 20 people, you get to know your classmates and make friends in your classes. There are “inside jokes” that only students in a particular section of a class share with the teacher, and even though I might not want to go and do work in the class, class discussions or smalltalk are always make it worth my while!

Now that I’ve talked up how much I loooove school, I guess I should get back to my studies and make sure I pass my exams!

Here’s what’s keeping me going: ¬†At 4 p.m. on Monday, I’M FREE!

Christmas Break, here I come!