Finals are Almost Over and Christmas is Coming!

by Alumni Posts on December 13, 2010

in Campus Community

Unlike some of my friends at Fontbonne, I still have finals until Monday, Dec.13, which I’m not thrilled about but have to deal with. I’m getting super anxious and cannot wait to be freed from the stress of finals week. To put things in a more positive light, ┬áthe past weekend was Christmas Around Campus and Fontbonne knows how to celebrate Christmas, that’s for sure! Plus, I love the sense of community that comes along with this event. This year, I had the opportunity to be a volunteer at Christmas Around Campus and it was a pleasure being a part of making it a success for attendees.

Below are some pictures I took on that day:

Before the Christmas Around Campus festivities started, Fontbonne put on an event called the Reindeer Run. I was excited because participants were able to receive free reindeer antlers, a Rudolph nose, and a shirt for participating.

The Griffin Girls (Dance Team) helped to paint children’s faces.

NSSLHA (National Student Speech Language Hearing Association) helped at activities like the craft table.

Ice sculpture!

Train sets were in the DSAC Caf’ area.

New this year, there was even a game room with giant screens in the Aerobics room.

Finally, here’s a picture of the winning masterpiece for the can art contest!

By the way, it is snowing right now and it is not helping my lack of focus to study for finals, because all I want to do is play in the snow…

Peace, Love, and Snowflakes.