Canned Goods, Christmas, and Community!

by Alumni Posts on December 7, 2010

in Campus Community

So what is there left to talk about this semester you might ask? “Tons” is what I would say! Today is Fontbonne’s annual Christmas Around Campus. For those of you who live under a rock, Christmas Around Campus is the event that Fontbonne hosts every year celebrating the Christmas season. Students volunteer to run activities, decorate, and be part of the live nativity scene. It’s pretty much a raging time, especially because we invite the Clayton community to the big party as well. The more the merrier, I always say.

This year should be pretty interesting though. There was a big goal for the canned food drive—5,000 cans!  I hope that everybody donated. The cans are supposed to go to the St. Patrick Center, which is a place that helps people who are homeless or about to become homeless. It basically helps people get back on their feet. With the economy the way it is right now, I think this charity was an excellent choice for our campus community. One way of getting the goal is the “Canned Art” competition. Teams have to create some sort of structure out of canned goods. I think it will be an interesting competition. Anyway, I better go, I have some homework to get done before I head out to Christmas Around Campus. I hope to see you there!