So Much Going On!

in Athletics,Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

This past week has been a whirlwind. Last Saturday was Dance Marathon! We raised $166,807.65 for the Children’s Miracle Network! It was an awesome experience and totally worth the weak knees after 12 hours of dancing. It was an extra treat for Fontbonne because we won the most spirited award for the whole event! I definitely had a good time and made a few friends in the process!

The week following had a lot of things going on too. The Pointersaurus contest (which is a giant pizza-eating contest for those of you who are unfamiliar with it) proved to be very interesting. Two members of the cross country team were in the lead for most of the contest, but I heard later that one of them almost vomited on the other! Yikes! The FAB board also gave away attendance prizes and every person at my table won something. One of my friends won a set of coasters, another won a Fall Dance ticket, and I won a cooler cup. My other won friend tickets to a Blues game!

Friday night was the kickoff of the basketball season here at Fontbonne with the annual Late Night with Lee McKinney Alumni vs. Student basketball game. It wasn’t only the kickoff of the of the men’s and women’s basketball seasons, but it was also the much anticipated debut of the Griffin Girls. Even though I wanted to go, I had something else going on. I can’t wait until the first basketball game of the season when I get to see the teams play and the dance team and cheerleading teams perform! There is so much to look forward to as the semester winds down!