Ready…Set…Register!

in Academics,Campus Community

My registration time was 10:30 in the morning this past Thursday. Since my laptop doesn’t always agree with the internet, I went to Medaille and logged onto a desktop there. I literally had 2 computers going at once. My new friend Darryn, a sophomore, met me just 10 minutes before our registration time and got his laptop ready to go.

And then the computer’s clock struck 10:30. Darryn, having gone through the process before, quickly and easily registered for all of his classes. I, on the other hand, had a few problems.

Since I’m only a freshman, I’ve only registered once before, and that was with an advisor sitting right next to me telling me exactly what to type in and where to type it. I didn’t realize that you’re not supposed to put a space in between the course subject and number; typing MTH (space) 150 for calculus doesn’t work because the correct format is MTH150.

I was becoming extremely nervous, and then for some reason my laptop froze. (As I said before, my laptop doesn’t always play nicely with the internet.) Then, the desktop’s screen went to the “this page cannot be displayed” page. I literally started shaking with nervousness. Darryn saw my distress and – thank God – helped me to successfully register on his computer.

Luckily, both of us got into all of our preferred courses at our preferred times. That’s why I love Fontbonne – you always have a friend that has your back. Thanks, Darryn!!!