Have I Mentioned I’m A Salsa Dancer?

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

The past two days have been awesome for me! Last night, I joined the Fontbonne International Students Association for Salsa Night, and learned to… dance the salsa, of course! I’ve never considered myself much of a dancer, but I had so much fun as I learned the basic moves from a really good teacher. What was even more surprising was that enough guys came to Salsa Night and all the girls had a partner! It was a little difficult to pick up on moving quickly to the tempo, but once I got the rhythm down, the other steps came easily, and we learned a routine that’s pretty simple, but looks really fancy to an outsider! Now I’ve got some smooth moves to use at the Fall Dance!

My fun times at Fontbonne continued this afternoon when I attended the International Bazaar on campus. Fontbonne students from around the world hosted tables which they decorated with objects and posters from their countries to teach visitors about their cultures. Among the nations represented were Korea, Saudi Arabia, Mongolia, and Taiwan. Plus, there was food from many different countries, live entertainment, such as a mariachi band and African drummers, and I even got a henna tattoo from the India station!

In short, thanks to Salsa Night and the International Bazaar, it was great two days, and I had a super-fun time learning about my friends’ and fellow students’ cultures!