One of my favorite things about going to Fontbonne is the fact that I can be involved in a bunch of organizations that somehow work with my schedule. Getting involved in organizations is a great way to meet new people and have fun at the same time. Everyone is bound to find something that he or she is interested in. New clubs can be created as well! For example, I know some individuals who are in the works of starting an Environmental Club.

As for existing clubs/organizations, some that I love being a part of are NSSLHA (National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association), which is an organization specifically for those in the Communication Disorders and Deaf Education Department. As a Speech Pathology major, I find it more than beneficial to be in NSSLHA. Plus, we get the chance to volunteer at activities that benefit others and raise money for different charities.

If you really want to get involved with things that go on at campus, I would suggest joining organizations like FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board), SGA (Student Government Association), or RHA (Residence Hall Association). During FAB meetings, we plan a lot of the events that occur on campus like  the Fall Dance, Spring Formal, Lip-Sync Competition, and other forms of entertainment. SGA works to be a voice for the student body. At meetings, there are representatives from all academic and extracurricular backgrounds who make an effort to make sure that students have a say in matters involving them. RHA, on the other hand, is more of a voice for residents, and we work to improve residential living.

The bright side about being located in St. Louis is that even if you aren’t able to find things to do on campus, there is a myriad of things to do around the city and surrounding area.

Now, go get involved! 🙂

Peace, Love, and Mustaches.