Dancing the night away

in In Saint Louis

This past weekend, I joined other Fontbonne students in dancing 12 hours for Dance Marathon. We raised money for the Children’s Miracle Network and the money goes to the two children’s hospitals in St. Louis. Let me just say, this was the most amazing experience ever. I enjoyed every second of the 12 hours that I was dancing for these kids. There were also miracle children and their families there to show us what we were dancing for. Each hour was themed, and so it was really fun dressing silly each hour. In between hours, different families would come share their stories, and it got pretty emotional for me. I was not only dancing for these kids, but I was also dancing for my sister’s friend who just went through surgery to get a tumor taken out of her brain. She is in ICU at one of these hospitals, and so I wanted to do this for her especially. I thought of her throughout the night as I was dancing and couldn’t help but cry — not always sad tears, but also tears of joy, knowing that all those dancers were there for her, and for all these kids who have to spend so much of their time at these hospitals, if not all of their time. Fontbonne got the most spirited award, and I definitely believed we deserved it. We didn’t stop dancing, and we were surprisingly energetic all 12 hours. All together $166,807.35 was raised. I am still just so happy that I got to spend 12 hours dancing FOR THE KIDS! And I cannot wait until next Dance Marathon!!!!!!! :)