Today, Fontbonne is hosting an Open House for prospective student! EEKKS, I remember the day I visited Fontbonne during an Open House in February of 2009! My dad and I flew up to St. Louis from San Antonio, Texas, on February 14, 2009. What a way to spend Valentine’s Day of my senior year of high school — with… my dad. I felt determined that Fontbonne was the school for me. It was a private, Catholic university, housed in a robust city. The few Texas schools I looked at are located in small towns in the middle of nowhere with nothing but cattle surrounding the school. (Yes, I’m a Texan born and raised but the idea of going to a school in the country did not appeal to me. I am a city girl through and through!)

Fontbonne had a Speech Pathology program as well as a theatre program: two out of my three requirements for any school I was looking into. I am majoring in Communication Disorders, which allows for me to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. Through my financial aid, I am work-studying in the same department — Communication Disorders and Deaf Education. Even though I am not majoring or minoring in theatre, I was able to perform in the One-Act Festival Fontbonne held last December.

I am in my sophomore year at Fontbonne, living on campus in Medaille Hall. I share a suite with a friend I made up here my freshman year, and it just so happens that we are majoring in the same department! Crazy how things work out! I am involved in NSSLHA (National Students Speech-Language and Hearing Association), the club geared for Communication Disorders and Deaf Education majors. This year will be my first year as a Griffin Girl, the dance team at Fontbonne! You can see us perform at Basketball games during half-time 🙂 If you have any questions about me or anything Fontbonne, just ask!

Well that’s me in a nutshell!

Lee