Hey, everyone! It’s been fall officially for a few weeks, but the past couple of days haven’t felt a bit like fall! We’ve gotten the best of both worlds, I guess: the temps have been unseasonably warm, but we still get to enjoy the colorful leaves falling all over campus. On my way to the Fontbonne library the other day, I was wearing flip-flops while stepping through the red and orange leaves on the sidewalk!

On Saturday, I attended the symposium hosted by Fontbonne on Collective Memory in Saint Louis, and I got to listen to talks by professors and students from Fontbonne, SLU and SEMO. I learned about the Bosnian Genocide in the 90s, the beginnings of Saint Louis and its street systems, and there was even a talk about the City Museum! The symposium was really interesting, and the information was accessible to everyone – at the talks, I got to sit between experts in various fields and people who were new to symposiums, just like myself! I’m really glad I had the opportunity to attend it, because it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about the topics, too. (And, considering it IS college, education’s always good, right?)