Chalk Advertisements Are Silly.

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

As a sophomore, I have a year and a half of experience with Fontbonne’s advertising. Things have definitely taken it up a notch this year, as committees and students are trying to get the student body involved in campus activities. This is tremendous! I can’t encourage students enough to get involved; after all, your college experience is what you make of it! I strongly believe in the fact that students should be informed about what goes on on campus, although styles of advertisement have certainly gotten sloppy this year!

..Really Fontbonne, CHALK??

I find that this type of advertisement provides an elementary feel to campus, certainly not very collegiate. I find that these advertisements stay way longer than need be, since they are only removed by rain. Since we are currently in a non-rainy season, chalk is smeared and sloppy beyond a few days of application. I feel that there are certainly better ways of providing information: such as, flyers, word of mouth, emails, facebook groups, etc. These types of advertisement can be removed when the date has passed, providing a cleaner and more organized presentation. Scribbled, ineligible doodles are not my idea of informative, but on the brighter side, I guess it got my attention. ( ;