My 1st Post / Fashion Merchandising Display

Greetings Griffins! I’m very excited to be a blogger for Fontbonne University. Since this is my 1st post, I should introduce myself. My name is Michelle and I’m a senior, but this is my 2nd year at Fontbonne. My major is in Fashion Merchandising and I absolutely love it!

I just recently worked in a team with 2 other fashion majors to create a display for our Visual Merchandising class. It took us approximately 5 hours (2.5 class periods) and a lot of hard work and dedication. We successfully accomplished our initial vision and I am very satisfied with the results!

In a nutshell, the story behind the display is… Here is a girl in the fitting room of a fashion forward teen [resale] store, and she found the perfect dress. I love how all the colors we chose played out. It was not an easy task. We were assigned the largest display (4x the size of the others). There was a lot of trial and error and running back and forth. Nevertheless, I’m very proud of the display!

If you have time, please stop by Medaille Hall, 1st floor, to check out our display. It is across from the vending machines. And also check out my other classmates’ displays too!