Spring Break Plans

My Spring Break plans are simple this year. I won’t be traveling anywhere outside the STL. My plans are essentially to spend some quality time with God, my family, and my friends. I plan to relax and hopefully enjoy some beautiful weather as spring approaches. It is my plan to spend one day at the zoo because it is one of my favorite places to go in St. Louis. In addition, I want to put in some quality track workouts to prepare for our first outdoor meet next Saturday in Terre Haute, Indiana.

I am taking a full week off from studying and books to let myself recover mentally and emotionally. I want to spend some quality time with friends from high school and years past whom I have not seen in a very long time. I am very excited about Friday because I have tickets to the Jay-Z concert. Jay-Z will be performing with Young Jeezy and Trey Songz, who are also some of my favorite rap and R and B artists, respectively. I will be going to the concert with some grade school friends.

I want to use the break to see some new movies as well. Invictus is one of the movies I would like to watch over the break. I want to reconnect with my youth group and my church and accomplish some work in ministry to the youth of the parish. My brother and I will spend some time together as well as we will discuss the future and how his work is going for him. Finally, I want to use my time off to make sure that my priorities are straight and that I am living right. During the break, I will refuel for a strong finish to the semester.

Michael Horn