Spirit Week Into Springfest

in Campus Community,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Finally, it’s Spirit Week! While this week consists mostly of giveaways and games, for me, it’s kind of a relief. Why? Well, after Friday, FAB is done with events for the year—so my work load lightens a bit! Don’t get me wrong—I’m in love with FAB and the work I do for marketing their events, but it’s definitely nice to have less to do as the end of the semester draws near.

Spirit week has quite the line-up. This year is the first year FAB has run Spirit Week this way, where it leads up to Spring Fest, and the reception has been positive thus far! Monday kicked off with water balloon volleyball, and today was tug-of-war contests, with beach balls, sunglasses, and leis being handed out! Tomorrow, Wednesday, people are encouraged to catch the softball game and the baseball game following it, and Thursday will have a limbo contest, with pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris served in Ryan Hall.

But the best part comes Friday, for Springfest! We’ll have a live band playing—Sleeperstar, check them out!—while we offer free food and fun games with opportunities to win prizes! The main gig runs from 11 to 2, and it should be an absolute blast. (I just hope it doesn’t rain!)

However, I think I’m most excited for 7:30 PM on the eve of Springfest, when FAB brings back the Mr. Fontbonne competition. Some of Fontbonne’s finest men will compete in displays of school spirit, trivia knowledge, and talent. The winner will be crowned Mr. Fontbonne—and win a prize of his choice, including $250! I really think FAB has done an excellent job in planning and putting this event together, so I’m excited to see how it turns out! See you there!