How does a dinosaur come out of a pool?

Yes, I think it’s going to be a thing.  Know which are my blogs because they will always be titled with a joke.  Just so you know, I love the laffy-taffy jokes.  That’s where I get most of my material.

So yeah, finally on a break from the theatre.  My first rehearsal was cancelled today, so I was able to spend Valentines with my wife.  That’s cool, because this is our first Valentimes as a married couple.  Pretty awesometastic.

I was thinking the other day.  It’s true, it doesn’t happen often, however…I was driving on the highway, going about 65, other drivers going about the same.  We were all moving, but we were moving together.  I didn’t feel like I was moving much in comparison to the other drivers.  I could read their license plate and bumper stickers, glance and see if they had on sunglasses or a dog in the lap, or if they were on their cell phone, or perhaps picking their nose.  We were moving at the same speed, and I could notice characteristics about them.  I was thinking that I wouldn’t be able to tell some of those things if I were standing on the side of the road watching them pass.  Huh.

Nowadays I think people feel like we’re standing still when we’re not, because everyone is moving with us.  We are ‘busy’ with our grades, or work, or our clubs, or our lawn, or our music, or our girlfriend, or husband, or… our dvd collection of “Antiques Roadshow: UK”.

So, I stopped and smelled the roses.  I inhaled too deeply, sneezed, and then cut my finger on the thorns.

On a side note,  I’ve been listening to Journey a lot lately on Pandora. I love and hate Pandora, they tease me by first playing “don’t stop believing”, followed by 76 minutes of bands that sound nothing like Journey.  I believe the patience of the dislike button is wearing thin.

So, how does a dinosaur come out of a pool?

Wet.

Remember, I’m pulling for you.  We’re all in this together.

{ 1 comment }

Mary February 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Journey references and philosophic musings for the win. 🙂