Monice- Boom! And Back to School.

by Fontbonne University on August 27, 2009

in Academics,Athletics

I had ambivalent feelings about going back to Fontbonne this year. I had a really good summer and wasfontbonne monica not ready for it to end just yet. Over the summer, I worked at a summer camp, then I traveled to the Dominican Republic for a two week mission trip. This was my fourth summer going with a group from my Dioceses and the Dioceses of Miami. After I got back from my trip, my best friend from Fontbonne came up to visit me for a week. I’m from Michigan, so it was a change for her. We had a lot of fun, and then boom, it was time to go back to school. I had to be back two weeks early for RA training.

I felt funny being on campus with just a few people lurking around during the long days of training, but I had time to move in and get settled a little bit before everyone else came. It’s my senior year, my last year at Fontbonne, and my second year being an RA. Sure I’m going to miss it and everyone else, but once it’s time to graduate, I know I’ll be ready to start the next part of my life. My major is business with a religion minor and some human services snaked in there as well. My goal after I graduate is to work in a non-profit, but first I’m doing a year of service. After that, I will either go to grad school or I’ll start looking for a job, I’m not sure.

But back to the present… so yeah I’m excited for this school year now that it has begun. I am living in the apartments this year with three roommates who are really great and my classes seem interesting. Plus, I felt in shape. I have decided to be on the cross country team again this year and I’m very excited about it (excited? To run miles, I know crazy right) but I am. I am ready, ready for my body to hurt, ready to be all gross and sweaty after a crazy long 60 min run through Forest Park and ready to meet my new teammates. I am also excited about my internship, which counts as a class. I’m working for a non profit called Nurses for Newborns, and I can’t wait to get started on projects and gain hands-on experience in the field I am interested in. All in all, I think this semester is going to be a little busy but also very fun. As cheesy as it may sound, I really think I am going to learn a lot that will help shape what I want to do in the future.

Where will Fontbonne take you? Check out undergraduate majors for more information.