Sarah- Tears for Fontbonne

by Fontbonne University on May 8, 2009

It’s weird.  You start off freshman year almost in tears as your parents are saying goodbye to you, fontbonnesarahleaving you in the dorms to start a new chapter of your life.  Heck, I remember thinking, ‘I’ve got to make new friends, learn a new campus, find things to do on the weekends, study things I’ve never learned before’ which all led to getting involved on campus; it’s overwhelming!  Now, I’m almost in tears thinking of leaving Fontbonne.

I’ve just had the time of my life.  Waking up at 6AM for an early morning class.  Falling down the stairs during my first month of classes (believe me that was as traumatic for me as the person who saw me do it!).  Was it because of the late nights studying for classes or was it the hanging out with friends into the wee hours of the morning?  Stopping by the lunch room to grab a quick snack, finding friends, and ending up sitting down for an hour talking.  Dancing all night for the Children’s Miracle Network.  Winning the Senior Leadership Award.  Winning the CSJ award.  Falling asleep during a boring class (just kidding!).  Working for the Alumni Office.  Sleeping in on snow days.  Decorating my dorm room.  And my next room.  And my next room.  Moving my things out of the dorms.  And back in.  And back out.  And back in.  Going to the Catholic student center at Wash U.  Going to Church here.  Crying with friends.  Laughing with friends.  Praying for the day I graduate.  Praying to not graduate so soon!  It’s been a whirlwind of emotions, from crying to laughing to praying to shock that the time has actually come.  I am going to make it big someday and give back to Fontbonne.  Until then, I’ll just help out when I can and encourage all I see to come here.  It was the time of my life.  I’m going to miss it with all my heart.

HMMM…Might have to come back for my masters I guess!!!

Where will Fontbonne take you? Apply today!