Andrew- Aching for Summer

by Fontbonne University on May 6, 2009

in Athletics

Last Saturday, the Fontbonne tennis team played in its conference tournament. Being on that team, I fontbonneandrewended up playing four separate matches throughout the day. It was wonderful, especially because it was into the 90’s during the peak of the day. Now, some might think that’s terrible, but keep in mind that I’m coming from New York. I haven’t felt 90 degree weather in about a decade, since I moved to New York in 1999 from Shawnee, Kansas (I didn’t come to the Midwest; I came back to the Midwest)! So for me, that was a real treat, and a perfect night to go and enjoy some Ted Drewes!

But this incredible weather has me aching for summer to arrive! It’s so difficult to think that we still have two more weeks of classes, and then exams to top it off. I just want to be done! I’ve already got so much planned for this summer. To begin with, once exams are over, I’m heading down to Branson, Missouri to stay at a timeshare my parents still own from when we used to live in Kansas. It’s right on Table Rock Lake. I haven’t been there in many years, so I’m really excited to basically revisit my childhood! Then I’ll be traveling back home by car, stopping along the way in Chicago (not really along the way, buuut… oh well) to visit friends and family. Finally, around the 24th, I’ll be back in Rochester to stay. Except, not really stay! I’ve got plans to visit Oregon and Santa Monica, California thanks to invites from friends and family of friends. Not only that, but I’ll be swinging by St. Louis again around the first of August for a retreat with FAB! I’m excited to hang out with the FAB crew and get ready for next semester, when I’ll be serving as the Marketing Director. I’m nervous about it, but I think it should be a lot of fun and a lot of good experience.

Aside from that, my time back in Rochester will be spent frolfing (we have a fantastic Frisbee golf course at Ellison Park, which if I remember correctly is actually scheduled to be the site of the world frolf competition in 2010 or the two years following) and generally being in nature. Upstate New York has a lot of parks with some really beautiful scenery, including some incredible waterfalls and gorges. I’m hoping to go hiking all over with my dog and my best friend (am I talking about two people or just one? You decide!)

C’mon, time, pick up the pace and let’s get to May! I’m ready for summer!

Come see Fontbonne in the beautiful weather! Check out our upcoming open houses.