fontbonneuniversity

Sarah- Continuing Easter Tradition

by fontbonneuniversity on April 13, 2009

fontbonnesarahWhen I was younger, my family would go to my grandparents’ house, where we met my aunts and uncles and all my cousins.  My mom is one of nine kids, so it was always crowded and noisy and FUN.  Everyone brought different dishes, usually bakery goods, and we stuffed ourselves on Easter goodies.  My grandparents always had an Easter egg hunt, and all of us kids went crazy running around searching for eggs.  They were the plastic ones, and usually only had pennies, dimes or nickels but we didn’t care, it was a blast.
Then we would head home and my parents would have an Easter ham with all the trimmings.  We would then have an Easter egg hunt at home and the eggs were filled with quarters and dollars.  The youngest would get to start first, the oldest last.  I loved counting the money from the eggs.  We always had an Easter basket filled with all kinds of candies, and not only the usual Easter candies.  We got Gummi Bears, Swedish Fish, Sweet Tarts, Skittles, in addition to all the chocolates.
Now, as I am an adult, and my grandparents are gone my family gets together on Easter usually for breakfast at Uncle Bill’s Pancake House.  Then we also have our Easter dinner ham and fixings.  Sometimes we will head over to visit with my Aunt.  She has six kids and tons of grandkids.  All the yelling, laughing and crying makes us remember when we all spent each holiday together when my grandparents were alive.  What a joyous time!  When I have my own children, I will plan on continuing this Easter tradition!

Share your Easter traditions with the Fontbonne Community! Apply today!