Rachel- Adventuring, Eating, and Resting

by Fontbonne University on March 13, 2009

fontbonnerachel My Spring Break officially starts in… three hours! I honestly can not wait. My western civ class ends at two and I am leaving Saint Louis in an airplane at six! My whole spring break will be spent with my boyfriend and his family in Shreveport, Louisiana. This is my chance to take a breather from my 18 hours of classes, student government, laundry,internship and apartment searching, racing, and my job. We have few plans… with the exceptions of eating a lot of great food. The two of us are such homebodies! Together, we just plan on taking lots of naps, watching movies, and playing Kung Fu Panda on his X-box.

Our first stop on our culinary adventure is to get some authentic Louisana fair, a crawish boil and shrimp po boys, at a tiny little resturant on the Red River. Then to a tiny deli called Monjuni’s for some excellent lasagna. We will finish our dining adventures by making our own bananas foster at home, which is one of my favorite desserts.

For two days, we will venture to Austin, Texas to watch some lacrosse games; my boyfriend previously played lacrosse. It will be nice to get to explore an area of the South that I’ve never been to before! My final event I have planned before leaving Shreveport is to do a Mixed Martial Arts Cardio class on Saturday with my boyfriend. It will definitely be a challenege, but he loves it. So, I’m going to give it a try! Overall,  I will be doing three of my  favorite things: adventuring, eating, and resting with one of my favorite people. It will be an exciting break!

What would you do in your off time at Fontbonne? Apply today to find out!