Mike- A Wonderful Week

by Fontbonne University on March 9, 2009

This year Spring Break is going to be more relaxing for me than it has been in the past couple of years.  fontbonnemikeFor Spring Break this year, I will not be going to Mexico to do a service project like I did my junior year of high school.  I am going to have plenty of free time that I intend to spend with my family and friends.  I plan to take part in many enjoyable activities that I have not had time for because of academic and athletic commitments.  It should be a wonderful week for enjoyment and leisure.

I will go to the zoo for one day of the break; I know for sure.  I love visiting the zoo and seeing the animals when the weather is warm and balmy like it has been for the past few days.  In addition to going to the zoo, I will spend much time watching college basketball and catching up on the status of my favorite teams.  The NCAA March Madness Tournament is my favorite sporting event that occurs every year, and I will spend hours watching many of the opening round games with my friends.  I hope that North Carolina, Michigan State, and Gonzaga play well in the tournament.

Keeping in mind the fact that it is Lent, I will pray often and attend Mass on some of the days we are off school.  I will continue making the sacrifices that I have decided to make during Lent, even though it is difficult.  I hope to grow spiritually during this time and build my relationship with God.  Finally, I will go to some of the athletic events happening during the break, such as lacrosse games and softball games.  Spring Break is an exciting part of the year, and I plan to make the most of it with God, family, and friends.

How would you spend your spring break? Apply today to find out!