Mary- Lots O' St. Patrick's Day Fun

by Fontbonne University on March 13, 2009

We’re so close! Spring break is just a few days away..talk about perfect timing! This spring break fontbonnemarywill be a lot different than my past two springĀ  breaks in college simply because I won’t be traveling. My freshmen year was spent driving all over Ohio and Pennsylvania playing lacrosse in freezing cold weather and last year was spent exploring Italy with Campus Ministry.
Because of all of this wonderful traveling, I haven’t been able to spend one of my favorite holidays in St. Louis…St. Patrick’s Day! I’m not talking about the nice little parade they have downtown, but the real group of Irish Clans that parade through the streets of Dogtown on March 17th, throwing green beads and passing out green flowers. Every year since I was little my parents have taken me out of school to enjoy the parade and finally this year I’ll be able to spend it with my friends and family again. Not only is the parade exciting, but everything that goes with it. Green eggs for breakfast, green popcorn, corned beef and cabbage for dinner and tons of Irish music and dancing. I have absolutely nothing else planned for break, and that’s just fine, as long as I spend March 17th with family and friends and lots o’ fun!

Join the fun at Fontbonne. Come to an upcoming open house!