Rachel-Wants to See The World

by Fontbonne University on February 27, 2009

fontbonnerachelTwo years,¬† 24 months, 730 days, (at least) until I am in my last semester at Fontbonne University… The word graduation serves as a mix of emotion for me already. Fear, anxiety, excitement, I almost can’t stand to think about it. But, I do know where I want to be headed when that day comes. After graduation, I want to go in to the United States Peace Corps for two years, hopefully in a spanish speaking country in South America. The Peace Corps are ideal for me. I want to see the world¬† and help people, and through that I get to do both. All while not having to pay off my student loans (yet…).

After I do my two years in the Peace Corps, I plan on getting my Masters Degree in some field of Communications, maybe journalism or intercultural communication, which will help me when I eventually get in the job market. I hopefully will go to school for my Masters in a city like Denver or Seattle. I love that they are big cities near the mountains because I love to go hiking and exploring but I also love the bustle of the big city. By the time I graduate, I’ll be twenty five, which I feel is a good age to start life in the “real world.”

Although I will miss the security and excitement of Fontbonne University, I am excited for the future after graduation. Until that day more than two years from now, I’m going to soak up every moment of college fun and experience I can!

Become part of the Fontbonne experience… apply today!