Krista- An Incredible, Life-changing Experience

by Fontbonne University on February 11, 2009

Dude, college is frickin’ sweet.fontbonnekrista6

There is FREEDOM. And the pride in saying, “Yeah, I go to (Fill in the blank of the college you are or will be attending. Hopefully, that’s good ol’ Fontbonne University). I’m studying (Fill in the blank of the major of your choice. Often, it’s “Undecided” for a while. Then, even after you think you have decided, your decision changes. And that’s okay too).”

College is an experience…one that can’t be replaced by ANYTHING else.

And that whole saying, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know”? Yeah, it’s completely true. I’m serious. I’ve taken classes like Literary Theory and Shakespeare’s Tragedies and Studies in Editorial Leadership…and pretty much ANY English class you could ever think of. And the more I find out, the more I realize that there is so much more out there to be found out. And because of it, I’ve acquired a thirst for knowledge. Cliche, I know. But really–that feeling of knowing that there’s more unknown leaves me wishing I could just find out more. It’s a really cool, satisfying yet unquenchable sort of feeling. And I like it.

So. Why should one decide to attend college? Well, there’s an entire plethora of reasons. Some go because a college degree usually equals better pay. Some go because that’s what’s expected of them. But I say, choose to attend college because if you don’t, you’re missing out on an incredible, life-changing experience and a wealth of amazing knowledge.

Especially if you choose Fontbonne University. Come check it out at an upcoming open house!